Thursday 27 November 2014

Star Wars Rebels Mission 01 Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios & Stormtrooper


The newest Star Wars Mission Series have recently hit my local Toys R Us and when I saw that the first one was Zeb and a Stormtrooper from the new Star Wars Rebels show, I had to grab it.

I'm not usually one for 5 points of articulation, 3.75" figures but I really like what I've seen of the show and these figures looked great. And good looking toys are good looking toys, no matter their size or articulation. I don't discriminate.


This is Mission 1. The other Mission 2 packs are:

2 - C3-PO & R2-D2 (Done in the same Rebels animated style as Zeb and the 'trooper)
3 - Darth Vader & Luke Skywalker
4 - Yoda & Darth Sidious
5 - Boba Fett & Stormtrooper
6 - Obi-Wan Kenobi & General Grievous

Like I said, I don't collect these, but I'm pretty sure that 4, 5 & 6 are re-packages.


The packaging of these figures is really nice. There's a plastic packet giving a nice full view of the figures on a card back using the new Star Wars Rebels logo and 'trooper helmet. There's also a little picture of Zeb and the stormtrooper below the figures.

The figures themselves are great looking.

Let's look at the stormtrooper first.


This is a slightly more simplified looking, animated style stormtrooper. But that's not to say there's nothing going on here.


The details are all there, the torso buttons, the helmet grates, all that good stuff.

He also has details in the back.


I really dig this little guy! He even comes with his blaster rifle... even if he can't hit anything with it.


The gun is nicely sculpted in a solid, softer, plastic. It's a good looking little piece and suits the trooper nicely.


Zeb is an excellent little figure. Paint, sculpt and detailing is great.


His paint is brilliant, it really is very screen accurate. He really is a great looking figure for the size and I especially like the design on his left shoulder - such a neat paint app!!


I'm guessing that the lack of articulation (both figures only have neck, shoulder and hip movement) meant that Hasbro was able to spend more on making these little figures nice and screen accurate.

Zeb also comes with an accessory - his big blaster rifle!


I really like these guys, and I'm glad we've got Rebels toys already - more to come!!


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment