Monday 1 December 2014

Figma 199 Amazing Spider-Man


Cards on the table: I love this figure. It's not perfect, but it's one of my favourite figures that I own. The packaging is lovely, a nice big window showcasing Spider-Man inside and some of the accessories that are included. It has a nice Spider-Man logo on the front, Spidey on the side, and Figma on the other side.


The back has Spidey in various poses from the movie, most of which are only possible with the included Figma stand.


Also included with this figure are 2 thwipping webs, which I wish were a little longer, or maybe if one was slightly different. They are nicely made though, and they work really well.


He also comes with his backpack, which is sculpted and painted really nicely and comes in a soft plastic.


He comes with 3 extra pairs of hands. In total he comes with 2 thwipping hands, 2 closed fists, 2 holding fists, and 2 open hands. They can be held on the Figma "hand tree" which is a great and much needed accessory when there are so many hands.


And the last accessory is a 2 parter - another hand, but this time it holds his phone. The phone is removable from the hand, but I'm not sure why. Figma could have just kept this as one whole piece considering the hand is a bit useless unless it's holding the phone.


Straight out of the box, Spider-Man is fully poseable and you can start throwing him into the poses seen on the box, in the film, or pretty much any Spider-Man comic you've read!


I love the detailing and paint in this figure, it's an absolute beauty to get posing and looks amazingly screen accurate. A great blue and red, with Spider insignia on the front and back, and amazing gold eyes.


Articulation wise, this figure is seriously not lacking. The neck is articulated individually from the head so the head can turn, tilt, spin, pivot - the lot. The shoulder is on a nice fluid ball joint, which is easily removed so that the backpack can be put in place easily. The shoulders are on circular Figma joints giving it a great range of motion, including a swivel. The hands are on ball and peg joints so can be moved round and back and forth.


There's a torso crunch, waist swivel, hip joints, thigh cut, knee bend, ankle bend and pivot, and toe articulation.

The knee joints have had a real bad write up in the past. These are the circular joints that Figma use and I admit, they do detract from the figure a little but they give the legs great articulation and movement.


The major down side to this figure is the price. This being a Japanese import means that you'll need to order this online and it's not too cheap! In my opinion though, it is worth it if you're a fan of Spider-Man. I had been interested in getting a Spider-Man figure, and I really like the Andrew Garfield movies, and once I saw that Figma had done this amazingly detailed, super articulated piece, I knew I had to get saving.


I don't have any other Spidey figures and I don't think I'll be picking up another. In my opinion, I just don't need on! This is such a great figure, I pose it differently on my shelf several times a week, it's brilliant. If Figma were to release a Spider-Woman or a variant suit for Spidey I'd be very tempted to pick one up.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment