Friday 12 June 2015

Halo 4 Series 3 Commander Palmer McFarlane Toys


Sorry it's been a while since I last posted - aiming to get back on track starting with a look at the new Commander Palmer figure from McFarlane.

I picked her up a couple of weeks ago (expect to see the remaining two figures get reviewed soon!) and I'm glad I did. I often feel hesitant when picking up the McFarlane Halo figures, and I think it's because of their size (they normally stand at around 5.5") but once I have them in my hand I'm instantly in love. These figures really are excellent and look amazing.

Palmer comes with 2 handguns as her accessories which are in a nice grey metallic paint and have some really nice sculpted details.


Out of the packaging and the first complaint I have is that she doesn't look particularly feminine. In fact it looks like a repaint of a male Spartan which is a real shame. Paint wise though, and Palmer's armour looks fantastic! It looks nicely weathered, the fine details in red look really good, and all of the sculpted detail is excellent. I especially like that Scout helmet - very cool looking with the blue visor.


The articulation is pretty excellent throughout this figure with one glaring omission: the hips.

The hips appear to be on a peg which gives a minimal range of motion there. The head turns and looks up and down, the shoulders are on a nice ratcheted ball and hinge joint, as are the elbow and wrists. There's a ball joint in the torso allowing nice movement back and forward and replaces a waist rotation.


The hips... Well, those are poor as I mentioned. The knees rotate and hinge, as do the ankles, and there is toe articulation.

As is standard in the McFarlane Halo figures, the guns connect to the armour via pegs and there are holes for her pistols on Palmer's upper legs and back.


Palmer holds her guns well but as she doesn't have a trigger figure sculpted in either hand, if you put the pistols in her hands you will bend the triggers. This hasn't bothered me as it's barely noticeable and Palmer does look very cool rocking bother her pistols.


If you're a fan of Halo I'd completely recommend this figure, the armour is great, I love the weathered grey and red, and as a Spartan, Palmer just looks completely bad ass. The wave (other than Jul 'Mdama) were all still available at my local Forbidden Planet and you should be able to pick them all up for less than £15 each, which I still think is a great price even though it has gone up.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment