Sunday 16 November 2014

Revoltech Iron Man MK VII


I ordered this online a couple of months ago, but since I decided to look at horror stuff through the month of October I've got some catching up to do!!


So Revoltech do highly detailed and articulated figures and if you want one in the UK, you'll probably need to look at ordering online as these are mostly imports.

Iron Man comes with several accessories, including a stand and a name plaque, that mentions what movie this armour was used in. I really wish the stand was better though. All this does is keep Iron Man standing. That's it. No flight poses, and you can't really get any running stances.


Two kinds of repulsor blasts, one with a longer blast and one shorter, made in a nice partially transparent orange plastic


As well as closed fists he also comes with one set of open hands, and another set of flat hands with holes for the repulsor blasts


And finally a small orange box to keep all of the accessories in


Taking Iron Man out of the packaging he was covered in plastic over and in between his joints. I had to take him apart just to get the plastic off.


That was frustrating, but at least it kept the figure in nice condition and made sure that the metallic paint didn't scuff. It also meant that I got a pretty hands on look at the Revoltech joints.


This is a great looking figure and I'm glad I could add him to my collection and my growing Avengers team. Though honestly, I kind of wish I'd held off and picked up the Figma version, or maybe even the upcoming Figuarts version. Throughout this write up it will probably become apparent why. But like I said, this is a pretty great figure.


The great metallic shiny paint really makes this figure look like Iron Man armour, though I wish the arc reactor in his chest was more than just a white circle. I would have thought that it would be as well, considering the rest of the figure is so nicely painted and detailed. Iron Man is mostly a brilliant metallic red, with metallic gold and silver highlights.

The articulation on Iron Man is really very good, but for me, it's lacking a few very important points.


His head is on a peg so moves up and down and left and right nicely. His shoulder pads are articulated so that when moving his shoulders up there's no hindrance. His shoulders move up, forward and back, his elbows swivel and bend right in and his wrists swivel and bend. He's got a diaphragm crunch, his hips move his legs forward and back a little and for me, this is where the articulation falls down. I really do wish that the hips moved outwards so that we could get him in crouched poses.


The knees bend right in and his ankles move back and forth with the aid of small flaps that are also articulated around his feet, meaning the feet can move more and still sit nicely in the armour.


Iron Man also has two flaps on his back that open for air brakes. Sadly, no flight stand like I mentioned earlier, so they don't really have any fun posing possibilities.


So because of some of the limitations in the hips and because of the lack of flight stand, this figure is pretty limited in his poses. But the poses that you can get him in are classic Iron Man and the metallic paint make this guy look brilliant.


Like I said the main falling down points are a couple of missed points of articulation and the lack of a much needed flight stand. But over all, I like this guy a lot. I wanted to pick up a good looking Iron Man for a while, for the simple reason that Iron Man is such a great looking design I didn't want to go for one of the Marvel Select or Legends figures, even though some of those do look really nice. I really wanted one I could pose more and had that really nice metallic shine to it.

Also, the arc reactor has to be circular. None of this triangular nonsense.


I would recommend this figure. It's an excellent representation of the Mark VII suit from The Avengers and it is a nice looking piece to have on your toy shelf. It's also a more palatable price point than the Figma version - about half of that price - and it'll probably end up being cheaper than the Figuarts version that is due for release.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment