Sunday 9 November 2014

Teenage Mutant Nija Turtles 2014 Movie Donatello


Donatello. The one brother that, in my opinion, the new movie actually got right. Funny, geeky, tough but introverted - easily my favourite Turtle in the new movie.


Donatello is the tallest and thinnest of the four, and that's represented nicely in this figure.

Donnie is wearing his unique purple bandana that is pretty long and hangs down his chest. He also wears... a proton pack? A vacuum cleaner? I mean, I get that Donatello is the nerd of the team. We all know that "Donatello does machines". But what is this on his back? Does he use it in the movie? To be fair, I've tried to repress a lot of that movie, so he might use it.


Apart from the missing paint apps that are sadly found across all the brothers, Donatello has brown wraps and some black padding, as well as solid black skirting.

I think that Donnie is probably my favourite Turtle figure in this line. I really do wish his staff could have been grey or brown though...


Sadly, due to the lack of wrist articulation, you can't really get Donnie holding his bo staff in both of his hands. That's a little frustrating but due to his smaller shell, he's not quite as forward leaning and his head isn't quite as protruding.

Donatello's head can't turn around due to his bandana, though it is on a ball peg. His shoulders and elbows are on ball and hinge joints, as are his hips and knees.

The straps over his chest are pretty cool though, and I quite like the goggles moulded on his head. Gladly Playmates didn't try and sculpt his glasses over his eyes.

As well as being my favourite Turtle in the new movie, Donnie's probably also my favourite figure in this range.


Go Figure!

Shout out to my boy Fezbongo, go look at his Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment