Monday 2 March 2015

Funko Pop Cthulhu Master of R'Lyeh


I was in Dublin this weekend and found this little beauty in a local comic shop. I didn't expect to see this guy anytime soon - I knew he was coming out and I knew he was available in the US, but things often take a fair bit of time to get over the water.


I really like the Funko Pop vinyl figures, but I don't buy many because a lot of the time I prefer the look of them rather than wanting to own them. I do like the horror ones though because seeing Jason Voorhees in this style is great. I loved Big Hero 6 but I wouldn't buy the Pops... well maybe Fred...

But I really like Lovecraft and Cthulhu and the style of this guy is downright adorable. I love this guy!


The detail in this figure is really nice. He's all bumpy, he has little scaled sections, spikes on his arms, a really ripped and buff chest, and sucker type things on his head. And his wings are just brilliant.

The colour differences are nice too. Cthulhu's already a sickly pea green, with dark green in his head suckers, a dark green fur skirt section, and light greenish yellow paint apps on his nails and under his face tendrils.


Articulation wise, this is what we've come to expect from Funko Pop figures. Cthulhu's head turns - that's it. As usual though, it's more the look that these are bought for rather than the playability but I'd always recommend these guys for kids and adult collectors alike.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment