Thursday 2 July 2015

Nintendo Amiibo Bowser No 20 Super Smash Bros Collection


I had no intention of picking up any Amiibo. I really didn't. I was happy to stay away from them seeing as I'm not a Smash Bros player. But I love Mario Kart 8 and the extra costumes the Amiibo give your character are really fun, they give you extra lives in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, they unlock an extra mode in Mario Party 10 and can be used as player tokens, and they give you new skins for Yoshi in Yoshi's Wooly World (which I hope to pick up soon). The added bonus of the Amiibo figures though? They look great.


There's no articulation on these, but the sculpt and paintwork on these really make up for it.

Bowser comes on a gold Super Smash Bros base and stands about 2" high. His scales are moulded, his hair is sculpted, and he has his spikes on his back and leather spiked bands.


Bowser is really nicely painted even with white under his feet, but it's his hair that looks the best as it goes from a dark red to a lighter red, giving it a very cool flame look.


I really didn't expect to like these figures as much but they really are great looking and the chance to add more Nintendo characters to my collection is always welcome. I might not be getting the most out of their functionality but I'll be cherry picking my favourite characters from this line for sure.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment