Sunday 2 August 2015

Marvel 500 Bind Bags Hasbro


I'd heard about these a while ago and a as a fan of blind bags, mini figures and Marvel, when I saw these in store today, I had to pick a couple up.

This first series has 24 to collect and, I assume, the end game is to release 500 minifigures.


Now bear with me here, I'm going to try and explain some of these figures the best way I can - where the figures look like their normal characters from the comic I'll just name them, when they look different, I'll add the colour schemes. This first series contains:

Spider-Man
Captain America blue & silver
Ultron blue and silver
Hulk
Punisher
Dock Ock green & gold
Iron Man
Green Goblin green & purple
Thor
Venom
Hulk green
Ghost Rider
Captain America
Spider-Man black
Ultron gold & blue
Red Hulk
Green Goblin
Carnage
Iron Man silver & red
Nick Fury navy & white
Ghost Rider orange
Ultron
Spider-Man red
Thor red, black & silver

Now some of that probably sounds a bit confusing, but look at what I got, and it might make a bit more sense!

Firstly, I pulled


Venom!

The daddy of the symbiote family is a good sculpt, but what is that pose all about?! There are pros and cons here. Venom is a nice bulky minifigure (as he should be), the spider symbol is well applied and his eyes and tongue are both painted. The weird pose is a bit off putting, I really wish there was more paint on this guy, especially around the mouth, and the white at the eyes hasn't been applied perfectly which is a shame.


Secondly, I pulled


The translucent blue and silver Ultron.

I prefer this figure over Ultron. I love the translucent blue plastic here and Ultron's pose is much better than Venom's! Ultron looks to be holding some kind of energy ball.

There's more going on in the sculpt here too so that's appreciated. The little bit of silver that goes down one side makes it look like Ultron is being hit with a ray of light which is a pretty nice look. None of the figures have articulation by the way - they're only about 1.5" high and are quite a hard plastic.


I like these figures and I'll be grabbing more when I see them, but I can see why some people wouldn't be impressed.

Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment