Sunday 20 July 2014

Go Figure! One mans love for toys old and new!

I've never blogged before. Never really known how or where to start. What I do know though, is how much I love toys. And I want to share that love.

I've loved toys for as long as I can remember. I was born in 1984, the height of the plastic toy extravaganza! Growing up in the 80's and 90's when you had such greats as He-Man, ThunderCats, Transformers and Visionaries, among many, many others, is really how my love of toys grew. These cartoons were just adverts for kids like me and I ate them up. However none of them could come close to my first real love, which came in the form of a team of anthropomorphic amphibians. The Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (ninja was considered too violent a word here in the UK) was my first obsession and I had a LOT of the original Turtles toys. Sadly however, as is so often the case, time brought me to an age where I was considered too old to have toys and I thought I was too cool to keep them (I've never been cool by the way) and they were donated to various charity shops.

I'm an adult now (that's not to say I'm grown up...) and I can collect any toys I want - this is where the blog comes in you see - I'm going to feature my toys here and write about them! I really don't know if anyone wants to read about toys (I know YouTube is a popular place for reviews) but Go Figure! isn't so much about reviews. It's more about my thoughts on toys, where I am with my collection, and where I've found stuff. Expect to see TMNT, Aliens, Star Wars, pretty much anything horror related, cartoons, movies and much more! I won't be sticking exclusively to new releases either, Go Figure! really will just be talk about toys that I've bought and if I think they're any good! I'd really love input from you out there in the world too, if you love toys, or if you know where to find them, or if you agree or disagree with my thoughts on toys please let me know, I'm only one man! If we all love toys and different toys then we need to chat about it!

Cheers everyone! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment