Sunday 20 July 2014

Star Wars Black Series Luke Skywalker



The hero of the Rebellion! Luke Skywalker, the last of the Jedi (kind of)! I know the Black Series have been around for a while, but hey, they're awesome, so I'm going to talk about them.

The Black Series figures from Hasbro are pretty much the Star Wars toys I've been waiting for. I mean look at Luke!


6 inches and fully articulated, the Black Series figures are just superb. The first Luke in the series comes in his flight suit, ready to pilot his X-Wing for the Rebellion against the evil Empire . The flight suit is brilliantly painted with neat detailing on the chest area, and the head sculpt is a great likeness to Mark Hamill.

For me though, the real highlight of this particular figure is the accessories. Luke comes with signature blaster, flight helmet - which has a brilliantly weathered, almost battle damage look to it, is movie accurate with the insignia painted on and is a good fit - and of course, his lightsaber. The really nice thing about the lightsaber is that the blade is removable meaning it can hang on his belt, which I personally think is a stroke of genius on Hasbro's part and looks bad ass. You can of course have the blade attached and have Luke ready for a fight!


The articulation on this figure means that you can get him in some nice poses, and he stands really well, no real balance issues that I found.


All in, I'd say if you're a Star Wars and toy fan, these are a must.



Stay tuned for more Hasbro Star Wars Black Series figures! Go Figure!

All photos taken by my very good friend Fezbongo, you should absolutely go check out his Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment