Tuesday 22 July 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Customs!

So I picked up some knock off TMNT figures for a custom project I want to try. My first custom project in fact! Unfortunately Raphael (my favourite turtle) came broken! I guess that's the risk you run when ordering online!




As you can see, the paint isn't great and the weapons are either block grey or block orange. The shells are also really disappointing, they're just the same green as the turtle that it's attached to.


So the plan is that I'm going to re-paint all these guys to give them a better look... and glue Raph's arm back on.

So step one is taking these guys apart and giving them a wash to make sure they're ready to paint. Next is to try and find the right paint to use. I've been doing some research and I'm going to go to my local hobby/model shop and pick up some acrylic paint and brushes. I'm not going to prime these guys - I'm just going to go ahead and paint!




I'll be sure to update Go Figure! as soon as I make any progress - stay tuned!

If you've ever done anything like this, or if you have any tips and pointers, I'd love to hear from you!

Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment