Wednesday 16 September 2015

Lego Minifigures Series 14: Monsters! COMPLETE WAVE!


I don't buy a lot of Lego, and I don't buy full waves of minifigures, but how could I say no to a wave of monster/Halloween themed minifigs?!

So let's take a look at these guys 4 at a time seeing as there are 16 in the wave.


Firstly, I guess one of the weakest in this line is the zombie pirate. It's a great minifig, but there are some real stunners in this wave for me! I love that zombie cheerleader, and the businessman is class, but the monster rocker is brilliant with his guitar and extra tall head.


For me the definite weakest figure in this wave is the tiger lady. It's just a little plain.

I love the scientist and his potion bottle (and massive head with crazy eyes!) which has transformed a guy into a fly! The fly sculpt is great and I love the translucent red eyes. Both the lumberjack wolf and flies heads are solid pieces, as in, the don't sit over a standard Lego head.


The witch is a fun fig and comes with her own "evil cat", as my nephew put it. Bigfoot is amazing. It's a hilarious figure, that comes with his own camera - and he has toes painted on! Spider Witch (?) has a really nice translucent plastic web cape which is a great looking piece. The plant man is interesting... has he been eaten by a plant? Is turning into a plant? Either way the head piece is a fun new sculpt.


I love the stone effect Lego has given the little gargoyle, in fact, as an overall minifigure, he's incredibly well put together. The 2 ghouls, the grey chained ghost and the wailing banshee are fantastic and make superb use of that new ghost leg piece that (I think) was created for Ninjago. And the little trick or treater is amazing. The skeleton suit which covers the whole minifig is a really nice touch, but the little jack o lantern candy pail is such good fun, I love it!

If you're a fan of Halloween or monster Lego, this is the wave for you!


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment