Friday 11 September 2015

Star Wars Black Series No 4 First Order Stormtrooper The Force Awakens Hasbro 6" Figure


The last figure I'll be looking at in this new wave of Black Series figures. It's number 4, and it's a cracking figure! Today we're checking out the new First Order Stormtrooper, and here's the read up


Again, this figure comes in the sleek new black and red packaging which I really like.

The Stormtrooper comes with two weapons, the first being a small blaster reminiscent of the small pistol that comes with the Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper set


The second weapon is a more typical looking blaster rifle that we'd see with the Stormtrooper


Both of these seem to have been cast in white plastic then painted black with silver highlights. These look great, really great detail and the black and white looks amazing together on a weapon.

The figure itself I love. I think I might actually prefer this figure to the Clone Trooper and Stormtrooper figures we already have. The armour and design looks great and it's been translated incredibly well into plastic.


The helmet looks great and I love that new design! The belt and grenade canister have also been well sculpted and detailed.

I love this sleek new armour with the slightly flatter chest piece. There are nice smaller parts on the armour that are nice to find as you look over it. The forearm detail, extra detail on the top of the helmet and the detail on his lower legs to name but a few.


As for articulation, his head looks left and right easily but, mine anyway, doesn't really look up or down. The shoulders are on a ball and hinge joint which rotate the arm right round but the armour stops it moving up. There's a single elbow ben and the wrists rotate and hinge. There's an ab crunch which moves quite far back and forward a little and this also acts as the waist rotation.


The hips are on a ball joint which moves the legs back but the armour inhibits movement out and forward. There's a hip cut, double jointed knees and ankle rotation, hinge, and rocker pivot.


I really do think this is a fantastic figure and well worth the money. I would recommend this to any Star Wars fan, and I've already noticed that this is an incredibly popular seller if looking at the pegs in Forbidden Planet is anything to go by! Does this guy beat Kylo Ren as my favourite new Black Series figure? I'm not sure... I think at the moment I need to call it a draw!


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment