Wednesday 9 September 2015

Star Wars Black Series No 3 Kylo Ren The Force Awakens Hasbro 6" Figure


I meant to get this review before now, I really did. But I'll be honest, I was catching up with Game of Thrones. And after all this time I'm fully up to speed! Hurrah!

Anyway onto the figure! Firstly, Kylo Ren's read up


Kylo Ren comes with one accessory which is the new lightsaber that got a lot of people talking.

Like we've seen with previous lightsabers, the hilt and blade can be separated. The hilt is a cross shape and painted with silver and black dry brushing with a small red dot on the bottom - maybe a button?


The blade isn't quite as translucent as the previous lightsabers we've got, and I'm not sure I like it. I do like the shape though and how Hasbro have made the blade look fiery.


Once the blade and hilt are combined though, I think this is a great looking lightsaber!


As for the figure itself... I love it.


A lot of people have problems with mixing soft goods and soft rubber materials but I think it works here. The rubber cloak piece around Ren's neck helps hold down the cloak, and the rubber belt helps define his shape and again, holds the cloak in place.

And his mask is bad ass.


As for articulation, the head looks left and right, and the hood does not hinder this movement at all. The shoulders move the arms right around but the rubber neck piece keeps the arms for moving up. There are single jointed elbows, wrist pivot and rotation.


There's an ab crunch which also acts as a waist swivel. The crunch doesn't really work due to the cloak however. The hips are on a ball joint and there's a thigh cut. The knees are double jointed and the ankles have a rocker pivot, rotate and swivel.


I've also heard complaints that the cloak is too long. Honestly, I think it looks great. The way it drapes and lies on a surface just makes this guy looks even more foreboding.

I'm very impressed with this figure, easily my favourite so far. But will he be topped by the First Order Stormtrooper? Stay tuned!


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment