Friday 4 September 2015

Star Wars Force Friday Midnight Madness Haul Blog The Force Awakens Black Series

I won't often do haul posts, but this felt necessary!

Last night I went to Smyth's Toy Store to attend the Midnight Madness event for Force Friday. A whole ton of new Star Wars toys were released today including Mashers, Black Series, Lego, Micro Machines, die cast models, and much more. For me, the real want were the new 6" Black Series figures.

A friend and I went to the event together and while he sat in the car I kind of accidentally started the queue while making a phone call... And I'm glad I did! Being the first in the queue definitely had it's perks - but I'll get to that.

Firstly let's take a look at the freebies I got at the event!

Firstly, I got this poster (sorry about the terrible picture!):


I also got a small sticker sheet of The Force Awakens characters


And the last free goodies I got were these Lego Star Wars minifigure key rings including Wicket, Imperial Guard, Imperial Gunner, C3-PO and The Emperor!


So like I said, I was glad to be first in the queue because Smyth's got ONE box of the first wave of 6" Black Series figures in, and thankfully I managed to scoop them up straight away! I genuinely feel bad that others missed out but Smyth's should have realised that as it was a midnight launch the majority of people there would be adult collectors - those same collectors should have been catered for.

The only figure from the first wave I didn't buy was Chewie. Like I said in my review of the original Chewbacca, I couldn't justify buying, what is essentially, a different head sculpt.


Stay tuned as I'll be getting reviews and pictures of each of these as soon as I can!

Go Figure!

1 comment: