Tuesday 23 September 2014

My Geek Box September

I got my very first My Geek Box this month, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

It comes in a big blue box with some graphics on it and is filled with geeky fun! This month was apocalypse themed - let's take a look...


Taking a look in, this is what I saw...


Firstly I got a little My Geek Box magazine that is due to be a regular fixture featuring interviews with cosplayers and the like, and a flyer for a zombie survival experience


I got a copy of the Max Brooks authored World War Z


A glow stick for when the power eventually dies


And a Twinkie for much needed sustenance (that I gave to my wife as she's a Twinkie fan!)


I also got a toy! Aw yeah! A Funko Mystery Mini The Walking Dead mini-figure! I stopped watching the show about half way through the third season, it really wasn't holding my attention. The comics are excellent though, and as a mystery mini fan, this was always going to be a win.


I was hoping for a zombie, but I was pretty happy with the character I got. As with all of these mystery minis, the figure is blind bagged as well as being blind boxed


So you want to know who I got...


I got Merle Dixon and - this is the cool part - it's the blood spattered variant!

I really like that it's the knife hand Merle too, he's a very nice minifig with neat paint and a great sculpt. But at this point, it's too be expected from Funko.


And finally we come to the monthly tee - every month My Geek Box send a t-shirt. This months tee is a very yellow offering themed on the hit videogame Fallout

It's just a regular round neck tee, bright yellow, with pipboy proclaiming the coming apocalypse


I'm not a fan of the Fallout games, but this is quite a fun shirt which I'm sure I'll rock at some point!

For £16.99 a month, I think it's a pretty good deal and I'm certainly willing to give this another few months to see what is offered. I'm looking forward to next months as it's Nightmare themed for Halloween, which is incidentally my favourite time of year. I'll be sure to do an unboxing for it so stick around!

Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment