Tuesday 30 December 2014

DC Total Heroes Bizarro


A good friend of mine kindly bought me my first Total Heroes figure for my Christmas in the form of Bizarro. I was aware of this line but never thought of really looking into it, but seriously this is an excellent figure and I'm very glad to add it to my collection.

The other figures available in this wave, that you can see on the back of the packaging, are Hal Jordan Green Lantern, Mr Freeze, and Detective Batman. There's also a write up on Bizarro on the back of the box.


You know the weirdest thing about the packaging though? The fact that there's air holes in the side.


Why does my toy need to breathe?! Weird.

Out of the box though, and this is a great looking toy!


I really like the sculpt on this guy, especially his head - I love the flat top! It's a really Frankenstein's Monster look it's got going on and it really works for this character.

The sculpt overall is really neat, with his big square face, sculpted muscles and big hands. There are some nice sculpted details throughout the suit too, including his belt and lines over the suit and his boots. There are also wrinkles/scars sculpted into his hands and face which is a nice touch.


The paint apps are very clean, especially at his neck and the colours look great. Bizarro has a nice dark blue suit with purple accents and dark yellows and of course his jet black hair. These all contrast brilliantly against his bright white skin tone and his burning red eyes. And that inverse Superman shield is so cool!

I particularly like the fact that Bizarro has been given a cloth cape. I think that works really well with this figure and it sits very nicely over his back.


Bizarro's articulation is ok, but if this was specifically for a kid then it's plenty: His head... well that doesn't really move at all to be honest. But he does have ball and hinge joints in his shoulders, a bend at the elbow and his wrists swivel. No waist swivel or ab crunch, his legs move forward a little, not back, and they can go right out at his side. His ankles move up and down but no swivel or pivot.


If I can find the Total Heroes Superman at a good price I'd certainly be interested in picking him up to pit against Bizarro here, but if you're a fan of DC toys then these are a fun new selection of toys for sure.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment