Sunday 21 December 2014

Star Wars The Black Series Starkiller (Galen Marek)


Picked up my first 3.75" Black Series figure - I don't think we'll ever see a 6" Black Series Starkiller from The Force Unleashed videogames, so I grabbed this guy when I saw him. I like this figure but I doubt I'll be buying any more 3.75" Black Series figures.

Starkiller (or Galen Marek if you want to give him his real name) comes with a fair few accessories:

2 lightsabers, 2 un-ignited lightsaber hilts, armour, 2 wrist bracers, a back piece (which is removable to place the armour on the figure), and a removable belt with flight straps. These are all nicely sculpted and give Starkiller 2 different looks which is cool.


The detailing on figure itself is very nice, but the skin looks almost waxy and has a real shine to it.


As far as articulation goes, the head is on a ball joint which you can pop right off, and that's also how you place the armour over the torso.


This ball joint means that Starkiller's head turns right round and can move up and down a little. His shoulders move up and down and outwards, there are elbow joints and swivels and the wrist swivel. Starkiller has a torso crunch and swivel, his hips move his legs back and forth but not outwards, his knees bend and his ankles turn. Quite a good amount of articulation for a 3.75" figure, but what you'd expect from a Black Series toy.


The different outfit that Starkiller comes with is my preferred way of displaying him, I think he just looks better in it.


The paint is neat on this figure, and is detailed nicely - I especially like the Empire insignia on his shoulder.


I'm glad I have a Starkiller figure to add to my collection, but as far as Black Series figures go, I'll be sticking to the 6" scale.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment