Thursday 22 January 2015

Star Wars Black Series 04 R2-D2


I finally picked up the plucky little droid from Star Wars in Hasbro's Black Series 6" line... unfortunately it was at eBay prices. Nothing at all wrong with eBay, but as a collector, and someone who sells toys on eBay, I do my best to keep prices starting reasonable - if the auction goes up, that's fine, but I at least try and start prices at what I think is reasonable!

Anyway, rant over, let's take a look at Luke's faithful little droid.


This is a great little figure! Nice shiny paint apps, and the accessories?! Well, you can have whatever Artoo you want really! Jets on his legs for Prequel Artoo, lightsaber firing Artoo from Jedi, periscope Artoo from the swamps of Dagobah in Empire, or use his little scanner in Empire when he's waiting for Luke and Han to return on Hoth - all of these come with R2-D2


So Artoo is full of accessories. One downside? No storage for said accessories! That's a minor gripe though, mine are simply in a baggie and stored away.

Artoo doesn't really have much in the way of articulation, as is expected. His legs move forward and back and his head turns. But, if you fully turn his head, his middle leg extends, which is a very cool feature.


So let's look at some of these accessories.


His jet legs - the only time these will ever be on my Artoo figure...


His periscope, I think, could have used a little more paint so that it wasn't block white


The scanner is a nice piece


The lightsaber hilt is one of the nicest accessories but does take a little work to get into place.

The nice thing about these accessories is that they all have separate places and the peg hols show what goes where in Artoo's head.

Artoo also has two sections in his front that house his computer interface arm and electric bolt firing weapon


The paint on this guy is great, the silver is so shiny as is that gorgeous blue and it's all really neat. The copper colour used for some of the cables at his feet is also great. I'm very glad to have R2-D2 added to my collection - just wished I'd grabbed him when I saw him in the wild all that time ago!


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment