Saturday 31 January 2015

DC Collectibles Justice League New 52 Superman


I really like the majority of the DC New 52 costume re-designs and I'm glad I like Superman - he's one of my favourite DC superheroes. So picking up a New 52 Superman from DC Collectibles was a no brainer really, since I've got into more of the DC Collectible stuff - more on that soon...


Out of the box, this is a really nice figure. The real let down is articulation.

The articulation starts out quite well. His head rocks side to side, turns and looks up (a little) and down. The shoulder is on a ball joint but the range of motion here is obstructed because Supes is so buff! He has a bicep swivel, and his elbow bends. Because of the design of his suit, there's no wrist or hand movement at all. Or waist or torso articulation. Superman's legs move forward and back and his knees bend. That's your lot unfortunately.

I guess what Superman lacks in articulation he makes up for in looks.


The face sculpt is really nice, giving him a young optimistic look. I love that DC Collectibles have painted his eyes (nice and neatly too)a nice bright blue. Superman's hair is a nice sculpt too, painted in a nice rich black - no Superman S curl though! Honestly though, I don't miss that. I really like the sculpted lines through his suit making it look like almost like an armour.


The suit is a really nice blue with the iconic red and yellow S shield on his chest. The shield is a good big size too and neatly painted. No red briefs this time on Superman, his undies are on the inside. His belt is red though so that breaks up the blue of his suit until his red boots.


Superman's cape is a soft rubbery plastic that drapes nicely over his shoulders. He has a nice black S shield on his cape too. I really like the design of this cape and think it's translated really well to toy form. The wrinkles are all sculpted really nicely and it looks like it's I motion which is great.


As much as the posing is limited with Superman, he's still a very cool looking figure and I'm really glad to add him to my collection!


So that was my 100th blog post! I have a lot more to come so stay tuned!!

Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment