Wednesday 7 January 2015

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Metal Head


Firstly, I didn't buy this box all ripped like that. That was me in my excitement of finally getting Metalhead! I almost forgot to photograph him before tearing into the box!!

I've wanted Metalhead for a while. I remember the Metalhead from the original cartoon series and he was incredibly cool, and I love this guy just as much.

Metalhead comes with one accessory which is an energy blast moulded in a solid red plastic. This slots straight into his hand and through his arm. The "action" feature is you can flick the tail of the blast and fire it from Metalhead's hand.


I love this toy, it's so cool! Such a fun sculpt! I really like the new design of Metalhead and this toy nails that look.

He's mostly moulded in a grey plastic but has some yellow moulded details too. The sculpt is great, with his big chunky hands and feet, square head and (my personal favourite) the sewer lid shell! His sculpt also includes the Kraang insignia on the top of his head, wires, nuts & bolts, corrugated pieces of tubing and skull detailing in his knees.


The paint is minimal on Metalhead as the big colour blocks are grey and yellow. However the paint that's used is good. He has two signs on his arms that are really nicely done - these include a yellow arrow and a kind of "danger to skin" red triangle sign. His eyes are painted in as is his yellow "bandana" and he includes some paint to show the wiring in his torso which is also sculpted.


Metalhead's articulation is really what we've come to expect from Playmates non Turtle figures, that is, not too much. His head moves left and right and up down a little bit, his arms move back and forth and there's a swivel at his wrist. No waist articulation, his hips swivel and move back and forth a little, there is also an ankle swivel. For Metalhead though, I guess you don't need much in the way of articulation, and I certainly don't need any for my purposes of displaying him!

All in, I think this is a great figure and a really fun addition to my collection.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment