Thursday 1 January 2015

Star Wars Black Series #12 Anakin Skywalker


I don't like Anakin in the prequels. I don't think many people do to be honest. But he's a much better and more likeable character in The Clone Wars cartoons and that's one of the reasons why I bought Anakin to add to my collection. The other reason is because it didn't seem right having Obi-Wan from the prequels and not Anakin.

Skywalker senior comes with 2 accessories: his lightsaber and an alternate head with red eyes, to show when he fell to the Dark Side.


Personally I prefer Jedi Anakin's head over the Sith one. The hair sculpt just doesn't work for me on the Sith head.


The rest of the sculpt is good though, with the same sculpted robes as we've seen on Obi-Wan. Anakin has darker robes, all blacks and dark browns, with some silver and gold highlights. He also has his cyborg right hand which is nicely sculpted.


Anakin has the same articulation as the other 6" Black Series figures. His head moves back and forth (but not too far back due to his hair), and left and right. His shoulders move up and down, back and forward, there's an elbow bend and wrist swivel. There's an ab swivel and crunch, hips move out a little, and back and forth and there's a thigh cut. there's a double knee bend and ankle pivot, swivel and bend.

Just like Obi-Wan I was able to pick up a robe for Anakin in a dark brown which looks great and really adds some character to this figure.


I'm glad to have Anakin beside Obi-Wan in my collection - especially now that we're getting more Clone Troopers to back up the Jedi generals!


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment