Monday 5 January 2015

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Casey Jones


Casey Jones is (probably...) my favourite non-mutant character in TMNT, though I'm still not too sure about him in the new show (though I've not seen enough of him yet). When I saw this in my local Toys R Us I knew I had to have him in my collection.

Casey comes with a few accessories, including his signature hockey mask, a baseball bat and a hockey stick.


I really like the mask. It's a nice sculpt and a really cool paint job. It clips nicely over Casey's face and stays on tightly.

The baseball bat and hockey stick are nicely sculpted but are sadly lacking paint and just come in a solid white plastic - I understand this is to keep costs down and keep the figures cheap, but it's quite a shame that the weapons look a little, well, cheap.

Casey himself is a nice looking figure, though I have a couple of things I'm not too happy with.

Firstly, his face minus the mask... I just...


Those eyes... And why did they paint his face? I know in the show he has his face painted too, but a normal face would have been better seeing as we get the mask. which is never coming off!


The second thing I don't really like about the figure - though they don't hinder the figure in any way - is the fact that his roller blades are sculpted onto his feet. He stands fine, I just think it's a bit of a weird choice.


Again, no adverse effects and the figure stands fine, and they look pretty cool, I just think it's a strange choice.

Casey, thankfully, does have storage for his weapons on his back, but again the holsters are sculpted in a solid white plastic looks a bit jarring compared to the rest of the figure.


The rest of the sculpt and paint on this figure is really nice and cartoon accurate, though the colours are mostly blacks and greys with some whites and browns thrown in.


The articulation on Casey is pretty good - a bit more than the standard for the non Turtles in the Playmates line. His head swivels, his arms move up and down, elbows bend and wrists swivel. His waist swivels, his legs move at the hips and his knees bend. He holds his weapons nicely, but his baseball bat doesn't stay that well in the storage sadly.


Even though this figure has it's flaws, it's still a great addition to my collection and I'm glad to have a new incarnation of Casey Jones in the new Nickelodeon cartoon!


Go Figure!

1 comment:

  1. I am a hockey player. Recently I won a few matches with my friends. and they gave me blank hockey sticks as a gift. I am so blessed that I got these types of friends. On the other hand, the hockey stick was awesome and so much handy.

    ReplyDelete