Monday 12 January 2015

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Squirrelanoid


Unsurprisingly, I love the Squirrelanoid episode of TMNT in season 2. It's a love letter to Alien, one of my all time favourite films, and the episode nailed it - and once I knew you could get Squirrelanoid toys, I had to get one.


I love this toy. It's so cool! The paint work is really nice too. Squirrelanoid is cast in a dark red plastic with a nice lighter red dry brushing to bring up the details in the sculpt. The bright green used for the glowing brains and eyes (and teeth) is really great looking.

The great little action feature here is that the inner mouth can pop in and out using the small lever under the Squirrelanoid skull.


He also has a fantastic big bushy tail, which is another nicely sculpted piece.


Articulation on Squirrelanoid is quite minimal but that's something we've come to expect from the non turtle characters in the Playmates line. The head moves sided to side and up and down a nice amount. Shoulders are on a ball joint and there's a swivel in the wrist. The torso is on a ball joint meaning it can swivel and pivot a little. The hips are on a ball joint, the feet are also on a ball joint so they swivel and pivot, and finally, there's a cut in the tail about a third of the way down so it can swivel


If anything, I wish this was a bigger figure so it towered over the turtles a little more, but this is an excellent toy none the less. Glad to have this guy on my shelf with my turtles.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment