Wednesday 8 October 2014

NECA Aliens Xenomorph Warrior


Next up, I'm going to be looking at the Xenomorph Warrior from NECA.

I love the Alien franchise (yes, I even have a soft spot for Resurrection) but I'm gutted about this figure. And I'll tell you why.

Firstly, this is a gorgeously sculpted figure and the blue black shine that's on it makes it look slimy and wet. Incredible stuff from NECA.


I hate to do this to such a lovely looking figure, but I want to get these negatives out of the way.

My problem's are hopefully issues with my figure and my figure alone. Firstly, the waist joint is super loose and there's a big blob of glue on the back of the figure which is a real shame.

The top fin, the one under the head, is only sitting in place, it's not glued in and falls off easily.

One of the feet is glued in place and doesn't move.

The jaw is off centre, difficult to open, and you can't take out the small inner mouth.

And finally, one of the small tubes leading from the jaw to the back isn't connected like the other one.

All of these things mean the figure doesn't stand properly which makes posing it almost impossible. It's a real shame for such a great looking figure.

However, let's have a look at the positives.


Like I said, this is a great looking figure. Beautifully sculpted and brilliantly creepy.

The joints that work are good. The wrists have nice full articulation, the head moves up and down a little, there's a hinge at the shoulder (which doesn't work on my figure), a ball joint at the elbow, ball joints at the hips and a double joint at the knees... Well, only the one knee on my figure has a double joint. The other knee has one joint glued shut. The feet also have a mid foot hinge.

One of the nicest pieces on this figure is the tail. It's creepy, serated, and bendable, which would make posing this guy much cooler!


I have to say though, that I've used a little bit of heat and I've managed to loosen the stuck foot and knee joint, and this did help a couple of issues. I'll also glue the top fin back into place, and I'll need to glue the small hose into place. This isn't really expected on a NECA figure, and yeah, it's pretty disappointing.

In saying that though I would recommend this figure. I'd really hope you didn't end up with one like mine though.


More Alien goodies will be on the way before the end of the month so stay tuned!

Go Figure!

Photos by Fezbongo - you can see his Tumblr here!

No comments:

Post a Comment