Wednesday 1 October 2014

Living Dead Dolls Figurines Series 2 & 3



Kicking off SHOCKTOBER (see what I did there?) I thought I'd take a look at a couple of horror blind box toys - namely the Living Dead Dolls Figurines.

The blue box is series 2 and the red box is series 3, and I picked them up for pretty cheap at Forbidden Planet. These guys are 2" horror mini figures that I've always liked the look of, and I love me some blind boxes, so I went ahead and picked up one of each.

These toys are from Mezco, and the Living Dead Dolls have been going for a good few years now.

You can see on the back who you can possibly get, with the likelihood in percentages underneath


Out of Series 2, I was hoping for the red Walpurgis or maybe the black Schitzo.


And out of Series 3 I was hoping for the 4% Ember (I'm a sucker for translucent plastic!) or Dee K.

Inside my series 2 box was a silver blind bag, with the logo on the front


And inside that shiny bag?


Grace of the Grave! I wasn't too bothered about getting her, but actually seeing her in mini fig form? She's quite a creepy little toy! It's the "over the shoulder looking back" look that does it. A nice simple sculpt and paint job, until the face. The face has several small bullet holes sculpted in, with trickles of blood running from each of them. Some nice shading on the hands too, and some almost rusty red/brown highlights on her robe. A really nice little piece.


Again, the same silver bag inside the red Series 3 box


And inside this bag?


Posey! A mini fig made entirely of translucent plastic! She even has an accessory.


A small white rose, with bloodied petals. Nice and gruesome!


This is a beautiful little figure. Nicely sculpted again (worth noting that neither of these are articulated), and some nice painted highlights, like her eyes, blood, and white detailing at the fringes of her dress. The thing that really makes Posey pop is the light white dry brushing they've given her, which gives her a nice ethereal look. I'd be tempted to pick up more these but in no real rush.


Stick around for more horror and Halloween related goodness through the month of Shocktober! Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment