Thursday 9 April 2015

Custom McFarlane Halo Anniversary Spartan Mk VI

So as I said earlier, I decided to give my spare white Mk VI Spartan a new lick of paint. This is what I started with


Standard white and blue Spartan Mk VI armour. Pretty cool in and of itself but as I had one, I wanted to make a different look.

I started my custom by changing him from white to yellow


I then went ahead and painted the metallic blue sections white so that I could then in turn paint them red


I then added some brown paint to the boots so it looked as though he'd been going through terrain. I did this by given the figure a dry brush of brown paint so that it looked like it had been scuffed and dried in. I also put some paint on a tooth brush so that I could give it a spatter effect up over his legs - front and back.


Finally I gave him a wash using Citadel Shade from Games Workshop to give him a dirty worn and weathered look


Overall I'm really happy with how he turned out and I've now got a new Spartan!

Here's a side by side with my vanilla Mk VI


And a couple more close up shots


Hope you liked checking out my custom! I had a lot of fun doing it, even though it was just a simple paint job!


No comments:

Post a Comment