Wednesday 29 April 2015

Marvel Legends Infinite Series Build a Figure Thanos Wave Hulk


I picked up Hulk from the Thanos BAF wave recently as I loved the look and size of him in packaging and I had about enough money to buy one of the wave!

This wave offers:

Hulk (Age of Ultron)
Captain America (Age of Ultron)
Iron Man Mk 43 (Age of Ultron)
Batroc (Comic)
Hellcat (Comic)
Spider-Woman (Comic)
Thanos (BAF)

Out of all of these, other than Hulk, I'd like Cap and Spider-Woman - and probably Thanos, but as he's the BAF I doubt I'll see him.

But Hulk does come with Thanos' right arm, which is about all else Hasbro could squeeze into the packaging.


Out of packaging and Hulk is exactly that: a hulking big figure. I'd seen some earlier figures where Hulk's torso was a completely different green compared to the rest of his body. Thankfully this seems to have been rectified as mine is only a slightly different shade compared to the rest of him.

The only other colours used on Hulk are on his tight pants. These are a purple/blue colour with a red/purple stripe and the Avengers A on the side. The detailing in these is a nice touch as the rest of the figure is so smooth.


And here is the emerald giant out of packaging


Personally I think Hulk looks awesome. The only thing I'd change would be to give Hulk a darker wash over the green, just to make the detailing pop. I like his snarling face and hair sculpt a lot though.

Hulk's articulation is really pretty good. The head's on a ball joint, the shoulders are on a ball and hinge, there's bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, the wrists rotate and hinge, and there's an ab crunch.


Hulk's hips swing out and up, there's thigh swivel, double jointed knees, and his ankles hinge, pivot and swivel.

He looks like quite a simple figure, but with other Legends he looks great. I'm very glad I went for Hulk first in this wave. The only other figure I'd be really disappointed not to pick up would be Spider-Woman, but hopefully I'll be able to get her for a reasonable price in the next few weeks.


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment