Thursday 14 August 2014

Funko Pop Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters is my favourite movie of all time. To me, it's pretty much flawless. So when I heard that Funko were bringing out Pops of the team, I had to get on it! I was lucky enough to attend London Film and Comic Con earlier this summer, and it was a blast! Such cool stuff and many toys were bought. I even met Gozer the Gozerian herself and scored an autograph - a fantastic geek moment for me.

I also spotted a stand selling most of the Ghostbusters Pops, so I snapped them up instantly. I'm still on the look out for Winston in Ecto-1, I'm pretty sure he's coming at the end of the month. So at the con I grabbed Venkman, Stantz, Spengler and Slimer, then back home I was in Forbidden Planet and spotted the oversized Stay Puft Marshmallow Man so picked him up instantly.


First I want to look at Stay Puft. He's a great model, and is 6" so a bit bigger than the Ghostbusters themselves, but of course not in scale. Articulation is, to be expected on Funko Pops, minimal. But let's be honest, no one really buys these things for the articulation and the amount of poses you want to try getting out of them!



Now let's check out the 'Busters. These guys are just great. The team all have their individual looks, like Ray has his goggles, walkie talkie and trap


Egon has his glasses and his PKE Meter


And Venkman has his proton pack wand in a cool 2 handed pose


The detailing on these little figures is really what makes them. From the neatness of Ray's goggles to all the smaller details in the packs, they really do look brilliant.


But my favourite out of these guys has to be Slimer, it's a simple figure but I love that see through hard green plastic! The fact that he has that flying effect is just brilliant!


If you're a fan of Funko or Ghostbusters I'd absolutely recommend these.


Go Figure!

Fezbongo was good enough to take these funky Funko pictures for, go see his other work on his Tumblr here!

No comments:

Post a Comment