Saturday 2 August 2014

ReAction Super 7 X Funko Alien Figures

I'm a MASSIVE Alien fan. I'm a huge fan of the whole original trilogy. I can even watch Alien Resurrection, and I actually LIKE Prometheus. I know, I'm weird. But Alien and Aliens are really where it's at for me. And as such, I love pretty much any Alien toy, and the Super 7 X Funko ReAction figures are no exception. As it stands I only have 2 of the 5 available: the xenomorph and Kane in Nostromo space suit.
I'll definitely be picking up the rest of the set in the future: the hero, Ripley; Ash the Company's synth; and captain of the Nostromo, Dallas. Most of the time, I'm a 'take the toy out of the packaging' kind of guy, but in this case, I just don't think I can. I mean look at the card! Such a wonderful retro feel, even having the ReAction logo in the old Kenner style (which these toys are based on).
I don't think I'm missing out too much on not taking these out of their packaging as the blister card packaging makes it nice and easy to see the figure. The only thing that sucks is that I can't play with the xeno's little second mouth (not a euphemism) or pull Kane's helmet off (NOT A EUPHIMISIM).
It's not exactly a likeness to John Hurt there but that's not really the point with these guys. They have a deliberately retro look to them that I really love, and the xenomorph sculpt is excellent. The clear dome is removable and, as you can see, the evil brain glows in the dark!! There are a lot more of these ReAction figures coming out on the back of the success of these, including characters from Firefly, Pulp Fiction and The Nightmare Before Christmas to name but a few, so good luck if you're looking to collect the lot! Go Figure! Photos by Fezbongo, go check out his tumblr here!

No comments:

Post a Comment