Wednesday 6 August 2014

Marvel Select Daredevil

I don't really buy superhero figures, even though I'm a big fan of comics. But today I made an exception. I made a very quick visit to Forbidden Planet this afternoon to pick up the latest issue of Nailbiter (I highly recommend this title!) and while there had a look at the Marvel Select figures by Diamond Select. I'm always drawn to these with their oversized packaging and nice looking figures inside, but I never buy because I'm just not one for hero toys really. But right on the bottom hook, behind an Abomination and a Wolverine, was Daredevil. I love Daredevil. Such a cool character and I love his look, so when I saw that this guy was just sitting there gathering dust, I knew he had to be mine!
As you can see, Daredevil comes in that same Marvel Select oversized blister card packaging, has the name up the side, and a big old DD logo in the bottom left hand corner.
Before taking the figure out the box you can see he comes with a church steeple base and his billy club weapon. He also sports a rather lovely looking paint job, though it doesn't look as though he has much in the way of articulation.
Looking at Daredevil out of his packaging, I'm really impressed. It's a solid figure with a really nice sculpt and paint work. Articulation isn't bad though it could be better seeing as it's Daredevil and he's super acrobatic but never mind!
I really like the different reds used on DD, giving him some nice shading and showing his belt, boots, gloves and billy club holster. And I love the mask! The fact that you can see the little eye covers just looks great.
Accessories wise DD comes with his billy club weapon, which sadly doesn't fit into his holster (that's just sculpted and moulded onto his leg) and instead of a piece of string in between clubs it's a piece of soft bendy plastic. It's not bad, but it would have been nice to be able to move the club more. The other accessory is the base which is a church steeple.
This is a really nice piece with nicely sculpted details and is a great looking base for Daredevil to be posed on.
All in I'm really digging this Daredevil figure and I'd definitely be interested in picking up more Marvel Select figures if it was the right character.
Any recommendations on any Marvel Select figures I should be on the look out for? I'm already kind of tempted by Deadpool and Wolverine in his brown/yellow suit! Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment