Sunday 17 August 2014

Kidrobot Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Blind Boxes

At this point it sounds like I'm endorsed by the place, but I'm not - I was in Forbidden Planet yesterday and spotted the new Kidrobot TMNT blind boxed figures. I had to have them. So I grabbed two.


Pretty happy with my first two finds


Donatello and Michelangelo!


LOVE these little guys! Super cute and really nice looking!! They come with their weapons which (especially Michelangelo's nunchucks) are really nicely sculpted and painted. The paint detailing on the figures themselves are really nice and they're such neat little sculpts. I'm a big fan.


I'm such a big fan in fact, that I went back today and bought three more, hoping that I wouldn't end up with any doubles.


So other than Mikey and Donnie, I could end up with Splinter, Raphael, Leonardo, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, Foot Soldier, or Kraang in his android suit. Of course, at this point, the want was for Leo and Raph.

Well, I shouldn't have said the dreaded double word.


Splinter and two members of the Foot Clan!! They're very cool but I'm pretty disappointed in a double this early on. In saying that though, two Foot Soldiers are about the best doubles you could ask for. They work almost as army builders, and they look really cool. I'm not totally sold on the look of Splinter, though he doesn't look terrible.

The articulation on these guys are minimal, the heads swivel (not on the Foot Soldiers though, due to their sculpt), and the arms move up and down. That's your lot, but really, they don't need it, the look of these little guys is what it's all about.


I'll definitely be looking at getting more of these guys, and until then, I need to think if I want to sell that extra Foot Soldier or keep him as extra muscle! Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment