Wednesday 20 August 2014

NECA NES Jason Voorhees


Ever since I saw this guy I knew I had to have him. I'm a fan of the Friday the 13th franchise and a videogame fan, so really it was a no brainer to pick this guy up when I could. Thankfully Amazon had him at a very reasonable price so he quickly became mine!

And look at him! Isn't he awesome?!


The packaging made to look like the NES videogame box art is great and it's even better that it's a hinged door to a window display of the toy, so cool. The colour scheme of this guy is crazy, but nails the in game look of Jason with his wacky purple and light blue colours.


The light blue of his mask (which is removable), shoes, hands, and blades of his machete and hatchet all glow in the dark which is a nice touch. This figure is from NECA so is just the same model of Jason that we've seen in the past, but that's no bad thing as he's a great figure. Here he is with my battle damaged Friday the 13th Part 3 Jason


As you can see (other than the battle damage of Jason's face) they're the same sculpt and figure, just updated paint jobs.

This NES Jason is excellent though, it appeals to the old school video game nerd, toy nerd and horror nerd inside of me all at the same time, which is just great!


Articulation wise, his head moves side to side and up and down just a tiny bit. His arms move out and up and down at the shoulders, a single elbow bend and his hands can spin right round and pivot a little. He has a bit of a diaphragm crunch, his legs move forward at the hips but not back really, his knees bend and his ankles move a little. It's not a ton of movement but enough to get him standing with no issues holding one of his weapons and looking menacing!


Keep your eyes peeled for my thoughts on the rest of the NECA 8-bit inspired figures, coming this way soon! Go Figure!

My man Fezbongo was good enough to take these shots for me so in turn you should go look at his tumblr, I'm hidden in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment