Saturday 23 August 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutagen Ooze

Picked up my first canister of Mutagen Ooze from Toys R Us yesterday. I've been looking at these for a while, I really like the look of these and the fact that it comes with a little turtle figure was an added bonus!


I mainly wanted one of these as a prop to go with my TMNT figure collection. And I have to say, I really like these! I think the canister itself looks great with the TCRI logo from the new cartoon sculpted into it, and the ooze inside looks amazing. It's a light blue with a glitter effect through it, making it look very cartoon accurate.


To get into the ooze itself, you need a small Philips head screwdriver to open the canister. You can kind of see it in this picture.


This seems extreme, but you don't want this mutagen spilling out over your stuff. It has a real plastic fake smell to it and it's really quite sticky! Once you get the top off, there's another cap that pops off.


Which then leaves the third and final cap.


This initially has a little strip of tape over it to keep it in place, but once that's off, you're in!


And you can see swimming in that ooze, a little turtle!


I got Raphael!


Really liking the sculpt of these little guys. The colour matches up with the adult figures, and they come sculpted with their weapons on their backs making it easy to distinguish who's who. I'd love to get the other 3 turtles - the mutagen is a little transparent so if you're in store you can kind of wiggle them about and try and see what turtle is inside - but I'm not sure I want to buy another 3 canisters. Maybe though, if I'm passing and the canisters are there, I'd probably pick up another!


Go Figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment