Sunday 10 August 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ninjas in Training

When I first saw these little guys online I wasn't too sure whether or not I was going to add them to my collection. But then I saw them in John Lewis one afternoon when I was out with my wife, and my opinion quickly changed! I loved the look of these Ninjas in Training when I saw them in the flesh, and the fact that you got 2 per pack sold me on them.


The packaging is really nice and colourful and the blister pack itself is a cool shell style.


So in the 2 packs you get Leo & Donnie and Raph & Mikey. They all come with their weapons that are in a block light brown but the sculpting is nice and they look like they're put together for use by kids - especially Raphael's sai.

There's not a lot of articulation on these little guys, but really they don't need it. The heads swivel, the arms move at the shoulders up and down, and round, and the waist swivels. The legs are solid and there's no kind of articulation in the wrists or hands.


The weirdest thing about the waist articulation is that it splits the chest and shell, which looks sort of strange, but it does mean you can get them some nice little poses.


The bandana's are really nice, with a little soft piece coming down at the back.


Even the detailing on the shell is pretty great for it's size, and they're so damn cute!!


The fact that all the turtles are their corresponding colours are really nice and I love that the face sculpts are all different, each showing off their distinct characteristics. Leonardo looks focused, Raphael looks kind of mad, Donatello looks apprehensive (and you can even see his little gap tooth!), and Michelangelo just looks delighted to be there.


All in, I really like these little guys. There's no real need for you to get these if you're not into collecting all the turtles figures, or all the different variations of the brothers, but they're a neat little addition to my now growing collection of TMNT figures!


Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment